Episode 007: Facts vs Feelings
Have you ever received a meeting request from a supervisor with no details? If so, how did you respond? Did you stay up late wondering what it was about? Did you panic?
How about the feeling you get when you thought a launch was tanking but the facts and results were saying the exact opposite? Many of us react to the situation before even looking at the facts. Today, I am going to go over an exercise to do when your feelings and limiting beliefs are taking over.
- First, I want you to take out a journal, ideally with two blank pages side by side. On the left I want you to write feelings and on the right, I want you to write facts.
- On the left side, you might write things like, “I feel like it’s impossible to book a new client!” or “I don’t feel pretty enough to do live videos.” Journal anything else that is coming up for you this can be about your business or life.
- Now, on the right side, I want you to start looking at each of the things you wrote on the left-hand side but then look for evidence of what is really true! What are the facts?
- Before spiraling out of control and listening to your limiting beliefs, use this exercise and break down the feelings versus the facts. This will give you the awareness that you need about what you’re choosing to belief versus what is actually true.
- See all that Kathryn has to offer at Alyght!
- Join The LIT Ladypreneurs Facebook Group and continue the conversation!
- Connect more with Kathryn on Facebook and Instagram!
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more ladypreneurs like yourself!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (The LIT Ladypreneur Podcast)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send