Episode 008: Do it Scared
I remember so clearly the day one of my biggest dreams became a reality, and exactly how I felt when I sat at my computer and typed up my resignation letter to my full-time job! I was so excited but absolutely terrified all at the same time. Do you remember a time when you felt both scared and overwhelmed with excitement? Maybe you’re feeling that way right now. What’s holding you back today? In this episode, I share three steps to transform fear and turn it into excitement.
“FEAR IS EXCITEMENT WITHOUT THE BREATH!!” – Fritz Perls
- Feel the fear! Instead of ignoring it, allow yourself to really feel it. Get comfortable with fear and know that at every stage, you’re going to feel the fear. In business, you might think, “As soon as I overcome fear, I’ll be able to do this.” but you’ll face fear at every level. Fear is never going to just go away.
- Breathe. Slow down! When you’re scared, when you’re afraid of something big that’s going on, take a breath and give yourself some space to slow down, think, and plan your next move!
- Take action! Whatever that next step is, do it! You have to take action. Don’t worry about having everything planned out. It’s highly unlikely you’ll know everything that needs to get done at once. You’re lucky to figure out the first step, the next step. Action is the antidote to fear, so simply take action and yes that means taking action even when the fear is still present. Here’s the thing, the fear doesn’t go away just because you’re feeling the fear or took a breath, it’s still there but by taking action you’re actually working through it. If you wait till the fear is gone, you’re going to wait forever!
- See all that Kathryn has to offer at Alyght!
- Join The LIT Ladypreneurs Facebook Group and continue the conversation!
- Connect more with Kathryn on Facebook and Instagram!
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more ladypreneurs like yourself!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (The LIT Ladypreneur Podcast)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send