Episode 028: Finding Clients in Your Own Backyard with Mallory Schlabach
- Mallory shares her journey from starting out in marketing, becoming a life coach, and back into marketing. When she originally became a life coach once she became a mother, she had this dream of wanting to change the world! Things have shifted for her since then and she talks on how she is still able to change the world by helping mom business owners.
- When you go from working at a corporate office and chatting with people you see every day, to becoming an entrepreneur alone in your home office, it can make you feel really lonely. Even if you are chatting with others online. Mallory and I chat more on how you can build a community right in your local surroundings.
- Having virtual and local clients can feel very different. Mallory has both types of clients! She talks on how she started creating a local community and the difference she sees with having online clients. Mallory says that attracting the local client is a great way to test the waters and gets you faster data.
- Mallory shares ideas about where to start when it comes to finding a local community.
- Collaborate with local businesses.
- Attend local networking groups.
- Just reach out! (Create flyers to post on local bulletin boards, for example.)
- Does your inner circle know exactly what you do?
- Ask for referrals after delivering results.
- Make sure you’re listed in local directories!
- Promote other local businesses.
About The Guest:
Mallory has been helping business owners increase their leads, revenue, and profit for more than 10 years in businesses including entrepreneurs, authors, tech companies, artists, dance studio owners, and health coaches around the world. She’s from North Carolina, has four kids under 9, loves bright lipstick, high heels, and tacos.
Where to Find Mallory Online:
- See all that Kathryn has to offer at Alyght!
- Join The LITpreneurs Facebook Group and continue the conversation!
- Connect more with Kathryn on Facebook and Instagram!
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more entrepreneurs like you!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (The LITpreneur Podcast)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send